5.16.2012

Peter Pan Won't Grow Up to Be a Man

After a very tiring week at the Gallery I like to enjoy my weekend to the fullest. Luckily - my weekend falls on a Sunday - Monday. This is great because everyone seems to have to work on Monday, except me! So, I kind of feel like I'm living in Never Never Land - where I'm always a kid who doesn't have to go to work. 

Peter pan collars are instrumental in helping me revisit a time when my life was care-free and stress-less.

On this past Monday - I walked over to my BFF's Mischa G.'s house. She lives across Tompkins Square Park from me - so when I walk to her house I get to see a bunch of really cute French bulldogs in the dog run!

Mischa G. is a stylist at Bumble & Bumble and she always makes sure that my hair looks beautiful. She  is the one responsible for my super straight fringe. 


At Mischa G.'s house ...

Hair Products by Bumble & Bumble, Hair by Mischa G. from Bumble & Bumble
Dress - Top Ten




Oh and this dress has the cutest silhouette!





Dress: Top Ten, Deer Necklace: Forever 21

It's always fun to pair an adorable peter pan collar with a small pendant. This teeny tiny deer necklace gives it the right charm - doesn't it remind you of enchanted forests and fairy tales? And look at that broken heart print - doesn't that remind you of adolescence?





Ring: Vintage (Onyx + Silver), Nails: OPI in Fiery Fiona

Throwing on some polka dots in white over yellow nails gives your nails a subtle pop - like a twig snapping under the hooves of a doe.


Oh - and here's a really smart way to hang some hats - look at the background in this picture.
Mischa G. added hooks to her wall in a grid formation and hung her hats on them. It saves space and adds grace ;-)
(Yep. I rhyme.)


&

Sometimes I get lost in a world of intricacy when I look at the details of a lace collar. So does artist Katherine Mangiardi. Below you'll see one of her large scale, intricate paintings of lace. She makes lace feel like a witness through time - as it appears old and worn. It tells secrets from another time, as it decays and transforms into something even more beautiful.  


Watch this video of Katherine discussing her 2010 exhibition at the Hunterdon Museum of Art


xo


...oh so, don't ever be afraid to grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment